Become a Charter Champion
As a Tree Charter Champion there are many things you can do to help build a future in which trees and people stand stronger together. Every member of a Charter Branch is also a Charter Champion.
- Collect signatures from friends, family and colleagues to strengthen the Tree Charter and ensure that your community is represented in the final charter
- Post about the importance of trees on social media and encourage everyone in your network to sign the charter
- Blog about the importance of trees to you on your own platform or as a guest blogger on this site
- Disseminate LEAF! newspapers to spread the word about the Tree Charter and inspire people about trees and woods
- Start a Charter Branch to build a local movement for trees and woods, and a legacy for the Tree Charter in your community
You will find guidance and information and resources on this page to inspire and support your local activities, and to help you create a lasting legacy in your community. You’ll be part of a UK-wide network of groups leading local events and you will represent your community in the national conversation about the future of woods and trees.
Charter Branch Resources
For resources and ideas for engaging young people, see Young People and the Tree Charter.
Charter Champions Handbook Updated April 2017 (PDF, 2.16MB)
The official handbook for the Charter Champions.
Setting up a community orchard (PDF, 507.9KB)
‘Communities and Local Government’ guide to setting up a community orchard.
You and your community
Help us by collecting signatures of support in your community.
Working with children, young people or vunerable adults at events (PDF, 1.86MB)
Good practice guidance pdf.
Charter Logo (PNG, 192KB)
The Charter Logo.
Charter Logo Welsh (PNG, 197KB)
The Welsh Charter Logo.